Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trying out my new Konad + E.L.F polish Black

Konad Designs with E.L.F. polish


As previously mentioned I purchased a Konad Set Starter Kit for Stamping Nail ArtKonad stamping nail art set. It arrived lightening fast. I believe I ordered it Friday(?) and it arrived Monday. Great seller. It actually came with the new style stamper and not the one pictured.

My first attempts yesterday were awful. I couldn't pick up images or Konad designs. I stretched them horribly laying them down. I figured out I was applying WAY to much pressure both picking up and placing the stamp. All the Vlogs and Blogs say you need quite a bit of pressure but so far I'd say "Just enough to roll the stamp".

My transfers still aren't great, and it isn't fool proof. Practice will make perfect?

This was done with E.L.F. nail polish in Black and special Konad white stamping polish.
Black usually isn't my color for nails, but this Eyeslipsface nail polish is great in black(besides the smell) this color was achieved with only two coats. Love it!

These were all taken pre top coat. Unfortunately, after trying 3-4 different top coats I realized most of the images smeared. I still have a lot of figuring out to do.


E.L.F. nail polish black konad stamp

8 comments:

  1. You did pretty good in my opinion. I have been using Konad for almost a month now so here are some tips I have learned along the way:

    Stick to Konad special polish until you get better at stamping. Stamping with regular polish is much more frustrating. Most top coats will smear the design, so try to not go over the same area twice and don't let the brush directly hit the design. It is best to use a thick top coat over konad, like Seche Vite. Seche Vite works well for me and it dries quick too.
    And lastly, never give up, you will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the tips!
    I did try a few other polishes with the Konad stamp and they worked quite well. Some peeled, but they seemed to transfer better if I worked FAST!.

    I'll try out the topcoat tips. I did konad my toes today (I way over did it on the big toe, so it looks sloppy, but stamped REALLY well.). I took my very thin base coat and glopped it on before applying topcoat to avoid smears and it worked. But I wonder if it will be more likely to chip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're having trouble, try taking an emery board to the stamp a bit to get the shine off.

    To prevent smearing, try stamping while holding your finger down on something so you don't have to worry about it slipping.

    Hope this helps :) I sell Konad at work all the time and you'll get over the learning curve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to add* I use Seche Vite and it works fine for me as long as it isn't too thick because I find it smears more if it's super thick.

    The last sentence in my last comment sounds weird, just pretend I didn't say all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job! It takes a while to get the hang of it but you'll get there in no time =)

    With my konadicures, I let it dry for about 10mins after I've konaded and then apply my topcoat of choice VERY quickly in 2 strokes only without going over it again. Works pretty well but not 100% of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm dying to try out some stamps myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails