Monday, November 8, 2010

Moisturize

This post brought to you by Carmex®. All opinions are 100% mine.

The switch from Summer to Fall this year has been exceptionally harsh on my hands, feet and lower legs this year. I also stopped clipping my cuticles and began just pushing them back. I pulled out all my usual cuticle creams and moisturizers but either one of two things happens:

1. They moisturize well, but leave me greasy & yucky. I wash it off - therefore defeating the purpose. Alligator skin begins around mid October and cuticles begin splitting.

2. They absorb fast and I'm better off than before but still dry. 

If you've been watching my posts recently you can see my cuticles are actually faring better than they did earlier on during the hot months and here is why...

I was sent Carmex® Healing Lotion and Carmex® Healing Cream
a few weeks back to test out and to be brutally honest about their products. I love Carmex lip balm in the winter, so I had high hopes for the new body lotion and cream.

Firstly, let me say this stuff is awesome. I used the Healing Cream (which is heavier) on my hands, feet, elbows, knees and spot treated it on my cuticles. It helped a lot with my dry skin. The best part was, although it goes on feeling very thick and greasy I was surprised how fast it fully absorbed. I never got a yucky feeling from it, and I didn't have to slather it on then place on special booties/gloves (like some of my other products) which is a big bonus.

I did use the cream on cracked/open cuticles in the beginning and it didn't burn for me... BUT it does contain menthol so I would imagine it could really hurt on open cracked skin.

I used the Healing lotion on my legs and arms and it also absorbed very very fast without any yucky greasy feeling but it was slightly lighter than the healing cream. I'm usually big on using shea butter pots, but the Carmex lotions are definitely less mess. When I ended up in sweaty situations (running, hot rooms) I felt like I was able to perspire normally without becoming an oil slick. I know that sounds gross, but it's a big reason why I dislike most thick moisturizers so I felt it important to include.Even better, my husband loved it too.

I personally like the smell of Carmex, which has sort of a menthol-spice scent. However, it almost reminds me of my grandmothers medicine. The scent was light, but I can see how a lot of girls might not enjoy the smell. It's definitely a unisex scent, so anyone in the family could use it.

I've already used up over half of my samples and plan on buying more.

The packaging fits well with the Carmex brand, but if I was out shopping I'm not sure I'd even notice it unless I was specifically looking for it. The products retail for $5.99 each and will be carried at Walgreens, Walgreens.com and Drugstore.com

Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails