Wednesday, August 18, 2010

French manicure with a nail art twist

You ever have one of those weeks where you feel frazzled? It's been one of those weeks. I hurt my back walking around Six Flags and since cannot find a comfortable way to sleep. I'm hoping it clears up soon since I blog from my laptop while sitting on the floor. I feel more creative that way I suppose! It's not like I don't have a desk, I just don't use it.

I really love french manicures. The look is so clean and sophisticated, but they get really boring though. I notice if I keep wearing a french people stop commenting. At least if I switch it up with stamps it gives an opening for me to talk about nail art. Love it or hate it, it's a topic starter with the girlies.

This was not an easy task though! I decided to start on a humid day and must have tried this four or five times as my polish was drying. I finally used a hair dryer to get my nails to dry. It was a pretty funny sight!

Stamping nail art with french manicure

I used image plate m10 for the flower and Konad special polish in white. After many attempts I decided that the image plates from Hong Kong just aren't worth it. I'm going to stick to Konad from now on unless I'm looking for a design not offered by them.

For the Polish I used Sally Hansen hard as nails French Sheer. It took a good 3 coats to try to mask my tips slightly, but thats to be expected since it's meant for traditional french manicures. It's more of a beige then a pink.

For the flowers stem and the diagonal tip I used Art club nail art lacquer. Not the best, but not the worst. If I had more room on my nails I probably would've made the tip go halfway across. Hopefully my nails will stop breaking on me.

Image plate m10 french manicure

GCOCL image plate m10 used to stamp flowers

What do you gals think of the image plates from Hong Kong?
Related Posts with Thumbnails