Thursday, August 12, 2010

Want an everyday eyeliner? E.L.F. pencils fit the bill

As a continuation of our Eyeslipsface eye liner mega mashup I now bring you the E.L.F. pencil eyeliner review.

I had some camera troubles, because I was taking pictures alone. Some turned out yellowy but I'm sure you can get a decent idea of the eyeliners. Black is shown on the left, plum on the right.

pencil in black and plum

I didn't want to do up my eyes a lot. I wanted you to be able to see the actual liner. I brushed on Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick in gold as a base, with a dab of E.L.F. mineral eyeshadow in Socialite for slight shadowing. I did not use any mascara, again, I didn't want to take away from the eyeliners.

Here is an view of the E.L.F. eyeliner pencil in Black.
E.L.F. eyeliner pencil in Black
It's quite dark for a pencil and easy to smudge. If you want a dark bold line I'd definitely suggest smudging this first, then going back over with a liquid liner as close to the lash line as possible. Layering too much causes clumps - EW.


Shown below is the eyeliner in plum.
E.L.F. eyeliner pencil in Plum
Plum, In my opinion, is harder to work with. No amount of layering will make it any darker. It also smudges well and can get clumpy with too much application. It sure does make my eyes pop. If I was going out for the night I'd apply a rather thick smudged line, and finish with a liquid liner in purple for a bolder look.

Neither fare well on the lower lash line because the pencils are too soft. You will get a lot of clumps, but I prefer my eyeliner to be rather dark so I overdo it. I definitely will say never use these on the lower lash line if you're wearing contacts!

I do really like these, although pencil is never my first choice. E.L.F. pencil eyeliners are inexpensive (as is all their makeup), comfortable to wear. They won't run when wet, but will wash off easily. If you're going for a bold look I'd stick to the black one however.
Related Posts with Thumbnails