Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MAC Formidable!

for·mi·da·ble : arousing feelings of awe or admiration because of grandeur, strength, etc.

I'm liking this definition based on the new MAC Venomous Villains Formidable! color. OK yeah, so obviously it's supposed to be based on the actual Disney villains, and therefore should strike fear. I figured it would be the next best one to swatch besides Bad Fairy. The one I was second most excited about.

MAC Venomous Villains Formidable!


Formidable! is a beautiful deep purple base, with green glitters. In some light it looks more wine colored. I'm not a dark nail type o gal. I shun black. It makes me look too pale. However I really enjoy this color, and I swear it makes my finger nails look sophisticated. I mean, as sophisticated as nail polish can make one look.

MAC Formidable!
Formidable! Nail Lacquer Under 14k lighting


It's also a GREAT halloween/fall/winter color. It's deep and dreamy, perfect for the cold weather months, without being over-bearing and making me look washed out. I'm very very pale anyways, I don't need help in the vampire look department.

MAC and Disney Nail Lacquer Venomous Villains Collection Formidable!


It glided on like butter, even with the glitters. Even better than Bad Fairy did. Maybe this was also partially because the brush on Formidable! was perfect. I assumed with the dark color I'd only need 2 coats of the polish. I was wrong. It also needed at least 3 to not have transparent spots. Luckily, MAC dries super fast.

MAC Venomous Villains Formidable review


I really can't think of any color that would go good with Konad stamps on it, because I don't want to hide the polishes own beauty.

MAC limited edition Nail Polish collection Formidable!


Again, this one is also Limited Edition. I had a REALLY hard time tracking these down, even though I began looking the first day it was released. My biggest suggestion, call ahead. If you're at your wits end, ORLY's Galaxy Girl is supposed to be near identical.
Related Posts with Thumbnails