Tuesday, October 19, 2010

O.P.I. Ali's Big Break

The last installment of my O.P.I. Burlesque collection swatches. I only purchased one set of Mini Teasers by O.P.I. on my last shopping trip. So far I've really liked all the colors. While Ali's Big Break is nice, it's just not me. However, for all other reasons it's a really great polish. If you like red, I'd highly suggest it.

O.P.I. Burlesque Collection Ali's Big Break
This nail polish is a deep red, with lighter red sparkles. It's so shiny on its own, but also very sparkley. The pictures look like a creme red, which it is not at all. I suppose there was so much shine from the polish that the sparkles did not show through properly.
While it's beautiful, I suppose I'm not confident enough to sport red nails? Now that my nails are growing longer I suppose I could sport it well.

Burlesque Box
I think however, for me, I would only wear it IF I did some serious nail art over it. To me, red nails remind me of 1980's secretaries. I guess that's what I get for watching too many 80's movies. Hehe. Red polishes in this general hue also tend to make me look paler and wash my skin color out. this color would look amazing on my asian sister-in-law who has beautiful naturally tanned skin. She can always pull off red MUCH better than I can.

O.P.I. Nail Polish Swatch Ali's Big Break
The great news is, this color glided on like butter. I didn't do much post clean-up on the polish. It also seemed easier to remove then the other colors in the Burlesque collection.  Afterwards I began thinking I might wear this color on Halloween (if I dress up in a costume) so I have that "Hey LOOK at me!" thing going on.
It took about 2-3 coats for full coverage, and is slightly sheer. It's a very dynamic lacquer and I'm sure most red lovers will appreciate it.
Related Posts with Thumbnails