Thursday, September 2, 2010

O.P.I. Kyoto Pearl Swatch and Konad stamping

I feel lucky that I swatched and stamped my O.P.I. and M.A.C. nail polishes last week. I took photos. It allowed me to continue posting this week. Otherwise, I just wouldn't have the extra time to polish, do nail art, then blog about it. I should prepare more often, just in case.

I suppose when it rains... Obviously the biggest is the death in the family. I went to the dermatologist about a reaction to L'Ancome teint idole and he said unofficially he believed the makeup caused my reaction, but that he wouldn't say it officially in my records. Then I woke up today and my Burberry eyeglasses have a gigantic scratch. Wow. I mean, I don't mean to complain. There is a lot of good stuff going on too!

Konad USA stamp with Konad special polish black on O.P.I. Kyoto Pearl

I really like Kyoto Pearl lacquer. It's a fun shimmer color without any giant glitter pieces that are hard to remove. The only downside is I felt I had enough coats after two, then I went in different lights and noticed it was still transparent in different settings.

O.P.I. Kyoto Pearl lacquer swatch

O.P.I. polish Kyoto pearl indoors

You can definitely see the difference above. I never did get around to adding more coats.

For the nail art I used Konad Image plate m71, a very girly victorian looking. It's definitely (so far) my favorite metal nail stamp plate.

For the middle finger I swiped off about one-half of the image diagonally to match the other stamps (*tip* remove it from the stamp with your fingers, or a paper towel from the stamp to avoid lint). In hindsight I wish I removed more of the design.

Konad m71 nail plate

I'm looking forward to next week, as I know it should be much better. How is your week going?
Related Posts with Thumbnails